Licensed Certificate Course of “Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Accreditation” by NFPS-UK
<邁向專業之路 – 國際資格認證課程系列>
(課程獲 NFPS-UK 認可，英國以外別無同級認證課程)
(For Caring Professionals)
Next Class: Oct – Dec 2014
The main aim of the Course is to qualify you with a Licensed Award in Physical Restraint & Breakaway Techniques Instruction, making you a professionally qualified Physical Intervention Instructor with a licensed certificate issued by a UK leading specialists in conflict risk management and personal safety training consultancy. This course also offers training in the full continuum of skills from very low level and least intrusive interventions, suitable for staff who may have to deal with vulnerable young people or vulnerable adults, through to the more restrictive level holds required for staff who have to deal with a much higher degree of challenging behavior or more aggressive and violent behavior.
To achieve the Award in Physical Restraint Instruction you will be expected to:
- Understand the Law of UK & HK in Relation to the Use of Physical Force.
- Understand Health and Safety Legislation for running Physical Restraint Training Courses.
- Understand How to Reduce the Risk of Harm and Fatality by being able to identify and explain the risks associated with physical restraint and describe how to minimize the risk of positional asphyxia.
- Be able to instruct others in the use of non-harmful / least restrictive methods of control for holding, escorting and restraining.
- Be able to instruct others in the use of more restrictive methods of control.
- Be able to instruct others in the use of physical defensive techniques to break-away and disengage from a range of physical assaults.
- Be able to assess the training environment to reduce the risks associated with physical restraint training.
- Be able to deliver instruction in line with a simple and effective instructional technique model.
- What is Physical Restraint
- Laws Govern the Use of Physical Force for Restraint
- Health & Safety
- Risk Assessing Physical Intervention / Restraint
- Training Risk Assessments
- Least Restrictive / Non-harmful Methods of Control
- Restrictive Holds and Locks
- Working as a Team – Contact & Cover
- The Risk of Positional Asphyxiation
- Controlled Take-up & Take-down
- Distraction Techniques
- Disengaging from Restrictive Hold and Locks
|Mr. Lawrence Chu & his Professional Training Team|
- National Coach Tutor & Hong Kong Representative (NFPS-UK)
- Certified Trainer, Advanced Technical, The Mandt System ® (US)
- Master of Social Science in Counseling (Uni. SA)
- Licensed NLP* Trainer (SNLPTM)
- Licensed Medical NLP* Health Practitioner (MNLP-UK)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (NGH, ACHE)
- Certified Hypnotherapist Instructor (NHG)
- Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
- Registered Corporate Coach (WABC)
- Licensed Facilitator, The Coaching Clinic ® (CCUI)
- Accredited Family Mediator (HKIAC)
Date : 21/10, 28/10, 4/11, 25/11, 16/12/2014 (To be confirmed)
Time: 9:30 am ~ 1:00 pm & 2:00pm ~5:30pm (35 Hours)
Venue: Christian Family Service CentreRoom 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong (To be confirmed)
Target Participants: Social workers, nurse, and allied health professionals are welcome.
Training Format: Lecture, discussion, practical exercise & pressure test
Fee: HK$16,000- (Including NFPS Training Manual, Assessment and Licensed Certificate)
(Fee in UK: £1,800-, around HK$22,000-)
Special Offer: HK$14,400- for registration made on or before 21 Aug, 2014
Group of 2 Discount: HK$13,600- for group of 2 & registration made on or before 21 Aug, 2014
Group of 3 (or more) Discount: HK$12,800- for group of 3 or more & registration made on or before 21 Aug, 2014
Language: Cantonese supplement with English (All training manual and assessment test are in English)
Two certificates will be issued to participants who have attended 90% of the sessions and have completed all performance assessment in according with the standards of NFPS, UK:
- “Licensed Physical Restraint & Breakaway Instructor” issued by “ Hong Kong Society of Professional Training”
- One Year certificate of “NFPS Restraint and Breakaway Instructor Accreditation”, issued by “The National Federation for Personal Safety, NFPS Ltd, UK”
- Occupational Therapist: To be confirmed
- Nurse CNE: 35 CNE
- Social Work CPD: 35 CPD
Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or e-mail to email@example.com
- 感謝Lawrence的努力，將NFPS課程引入香港。過程中充份感受到導師花了不少心思在課程的設計及推行上，亦反映出他對課程內容有深入而全面的掌握，並毫無保留地傾囊相授，讓每位參與的同學都具有足夠的知識，技巧及心理狀態去成為一位稱職的脫身及控制法導師。 Simon Tang, Rehabilitation Service, Social Worker
- Lawrence is an excellent professional trainer who is presentable, resourceful, funny, energetic, caring and passionate. It is a professional and valuable training for those who are interested in the subject. The Pressure Test is much appreciated, it created a “real” situation for students to apply techniques they have learnt. Overall speaking, it was a precious and memorial moment and experience being with Lawrence and learning from him. Kenneth So, Unit-in-Charge, Social Worker
- 能夠參與是次課程，實在很高興! 十分欣賞課程內容能夠理論與實務技巧兼備，而且導師及助教們亦相當專業，令我們一眾參加者份外投入。Nicole Yip, Social Worker, Training Officer
- The course is well organized with theories, concepts and practice. The ways of training are vigorous with practice and case study. Lawrence is an experienced and professional trainer who can deliver all round demonstrations on presentation, experience sharing, interactive exercises, practice and problem solving skills. Joining the course is not merely a journey of learning but it also brings insights to refresh our minds. Kari Lau, Social Worker, Manager
NFPS System – “Easier to Learn and Easier to Teach”
An Independent Comparative Review By Southampton University
Since 2009 The Priory Group – one of the largest providers of Healthcare services in Europe – moved away from its old MVA and Physical Intervention Training to adopt the NFPS system of work. Recently the Priory commissioned an independent comparative survey from the University of Southampton to compare the NFPS system to the previous system used and to ensure that the NFPS system of work was acceptable: clinically, ethically and legally.
The review showed that NFPS System was easier to learn, easier to teach, was legally accurate and legally defensible and was based on thorough assessment of risk.
Registration Form will be available in June 2014
Testimonial from a World Leading Expert on the Use of Force and Personal Safety Training & Consultancy
Lawrence is one of life’s good guys. He is someone I would trust explicitly as he believes in doing what is right because it is the right thing to do. Lawrence has invested in your training and development through his approach to his own investment in what he knows which has resulted in him traveling the world to source and train with some of the world’s best in their chosen fields. His journey of endeavour and quest for excellence will undoubtedly help you start on your journey, as he has already walked the path that you are now choosing to follow. As one great person once said: “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”
If you are looking for a new start then it is always best to follow in the footsteps of a wise and knowledgeable traveller. That is what we do when we choose our holidays, why not do the same when we make other life choices. My recommendation is to let Lawrence be your guide.
Mark Dawes, UK Expert on the Use of Force and Published Author.
朱德俊先生 (Mr. Lawrence Chu) 是大中華區目前唯一同時擁有美國 (The Mandt System®, US) 及 英國 (The National Federation of Personal Safety, NFPS-UK) 處理工作間暴力事故培訓資歷之認證導師，亦是首位獲英國 NFPS-UK 授權可直接頒發導師認證 ” Train the Trainer ” 的華人導師。在中國香港、澳門及加拿大，已舉辦超過400 場次相關工作坊及教授超過 10,000 人次學習如何處理暴力行為及人際衝突事故。
List of Licensed Trainers 2013-2014
from the following organizations and accredited
in according with the standards of NFPS-UK & HKSPT:
Registration Form will be available in June 2014
問 與 答
問題一: 專業導師為什麼需要持續進修及認證 (Instructor Refresher Course & Accreditation)？
- 所有持有英國 NFPS「Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Accreditation」的導師認證有效期為一年，發證機構為確保導師符合最新安全指引、典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」及專業水平，要求所有導師必須每年參與持續進修 (refresher course) 及 通過評核 (Assessment)，經評核合格後再獲年度認可證書(Accreditation)。
- 根據暴力行為控制及脫身法培訓的典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」，英國 NFPS 標準為每年必須重修及通過評核，而美國 The Mandt System ® 標準為每兩年必須重修及通過評核。
- 為確保所學的技巧為最新及符合相關安全指引，我們建議機構 / 學員使用持有年度認證的導師。事實上，我們學會已更新及停止教授 2008-2012 年的大部份脫身法技巧及控制法，以符合英國和美國相關指引及安全指數。
- 持有年度 2013 -2014 英國 NFPS 認可培訓機構名稱 (Licensed Centre)已刊載在英國 NFPS 網頁: NFPS Licensed Centres List ，歡迎按此查看。
- 參與機構亦可向服務提供者要求查看導師是否持有年度認可證書 (Accreditation Certificate 2013-2014 / Refresher Certificate 2013-2014)，確保質素。
- 本學會全部導師通過2013-2014年度英國 NFPS 評核，並領有認可證書，歡迎各機構查詢。
Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, Tak Fung St., Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 3111 0264 Fax: 2125 7900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyrighted by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training, 2010-2014